After a full day of classes, then general membership meeting, there will be a evening banquet. Supper will be provided by NADC. Drinks cash bar. Exact time is hard to determine, depending on the length of general meeting. Please check for location on the hotels signage in the entrance way.
There will be an social evening in the Cornerstone (located in the Ramada) 7pm – 10pm on Wednesday October 25th. Come on out and enjoy some informal fun time with your fellow activists.
The GM will be held at 3:00 pm. There will be a by-election for the 1st Vice President position and the vacant CUPE BC Committees. GVP Cindy McQueen will be in attendance representing CUPE BC. Please look for location of meeting posted at the hotel.
The City of Prince George has dramatically changed the rules for parking downtown. Please familiarize yourself with them. Basically you can only park on the street for a maximum of three hours during the day. Moving your vehicle from one area to another doesn’t reset that counter. If you park say at 9 am and then come out at noon and move your vehicle somewhere and then return to the Ramada at 1 pm for the afternoon classes you will get a ticket. Please park in off street parking lots. The closets one is the city ran facility at 5th and George area . This is the same building where the Karahi King restaurant is located. Bring change for the parking meters.
If you are staying at the Ramada Hotel please use their valet service to have your vehicle parked.
NORTHERN AREA DISCTRICT COUNCIL SCHOLARSHIP $1000
- Applicants must be affiliated CUPE members or children of members within the CUPE locals of the Northern Area District Council.
- Children are defined as: natural, common-law, stepchildren, adopted.
- Continuing education in any post-secondary accredited facility, i.e.: university apprenticeship (Provincial Approved), trade facility (barber, hairdressing etc.)
- Must be graduating in the current year from a Secondary School, public or private.
- The $1000 payment will be made upon receipt of proof of enrollment for attendance in September of the graduating year, as well as January if attending a continuing education facility.
- A certified copy only of Grade 12 completions in the current year of graduation from a Secondary School, public or private.
- A brief explanation of your community involvement.
- A 1000 to 1500 word essay on one of the topics chosen by the Scholarship committee.
- Document must be in a double-spaced format, word processed or hand-written.
- The Scholarship Committee in writing will advise all applicants if they are the successful applicant or not.
Scholarship essay topic: Please chose a topic of your own, related to the labour movement.
Scholarship Deadline: Applications must be received by October 6, 2017 so that the scholarship(s) can be awarded at our NADC general meeting October 26, 2017. Note, there may be more than one scholarship awarded in 2017.
Please forward scholarship applications to email@example.com or mail to 206-300 Brunswick St, Prince George, BC
The city of Prince George has a new parking system that you may not be familiar with.
- You can only park for a total of 3 hours in the downtown core, on street. That doesn’t reset if you move the vehicle.
- If you need to park for more than 3 hours you need to park in one of the city parking lots or a private parking lot.
- What most people will do is park in the City of PG parkade that is adjacent to the Ramada and where guests staying at the Ramada would be parking.
- Do not park behind the Wood Inovation Design Centre as that is a private parking lot that doesn’t offer hourly parking. There is a parking lot to the north of the area behind the WIDC, that you can pay for hourly parking.
The City of Prince George has a website that explains parking. . Note many of the links do not work on the web page, other information is dramatically out of date or or out right wrong. Basically it comes down to you get 3 hours free. Doesn’t reset if you move the car to anywhere else in the downtown core and best to pay for off-street parking.
A variety of executive and committee positions are up for election at the spring NADC general meeting.
Please see the document for a list of the positions.
See the link for the most recent course / meeting schedule for the Spring 2017 School.
The course list as put out by CUPE BC is now available. Further information about the school, social functions and the hotel will be coming shortly.
NADC provides a large travel grant for locals to attend. There is an application process and the completed application with supporting documents has to be submitted by February 16,2017.