NORTHERN AREA DISCTRICT COUNCIL SCHOLARSHIP $1000
- Applicants must be affiliated CUPE members or children of members within the CUPE locals of the Northern Area District Council.
- Children are defined as: natural, common-law, stepchildren, adopted.
- Continuing education in any post-secondary accredited facility, i.e.: university apprenticeship (Provincial Approved), trade facility (barber, hairdressing etc.)
- Must be graduating in the current year from a Secondary School, public or private.
- The $1000 payment will be made upon receipt of proof of enrollment for attendance in September of the graduating year, as well as January if attending a continuing education facility.
- A certified copy only of Grade 12 completions in the current year of graduation from a Secondary School, public or private.
- A brief explanation of your community involvement.
- A 1000 to 1500 word essay on one of the topics chosen by the Scholarship committee.
- Document must be in a double-spaced format, word processed or hand-written.
- The Scholarship Committee in writing will advise all applicants if they are the successful applicant or not.
Scholarship essay topic: Please chose a topic of your own, related to the labour movement.
Scholarship Deadline: Applications must be received by October 6, 2017 so that the scholarship(s) can be awarded at our NADC general meeting October 26, 2017. Note, there may be more than one scholarship awarded in 2017.
Please forward scholarship applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 206-300 Brunswick St, Prince George, BC